13 August, 2006

Greystones Art's Festival 2006




After Pride I started working on the Greystone's project called 'Mythology Anthology'. I had 26 6-8 year olds for three half days and try and get them to paint and make their own costumes. Between Art Sessions the children did drama and character building with a member of the Cork City Circus. After the workshops were over, I finished putting everything together and didn't get to bed till 2am on the morning of the parade.

There had been a previous disaster with the main carnival puppets. They had already been constructed and used during the Halloween project but when I went to collect them from storage, they had been mangled under someone elses equipment. I had 3 days to reverse roughly €1200 worth of damage but as you can see in my next post, everything came together in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home